SMART USAGE RATE
IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By choosing to participate in the residential Smart Usage rate plan, you agree to pay the monthly Smart Usage charges for electric service to the service address associated with the account number used in online enrollment for at least twelve months, beginning with the first bill rendered on the Smart Usage rate.
- These Smart Usage terms apply only for electric service to the designated account(s) and address. If you transfer service to another address, you will need to reapply for the Smart Usage rate.
- Your Smart Usage offer does not include fuel, taxes, and other charges, nor does it include Georgia Power security lights, or other Georgia Power products and services should you have any.
- Georgia Power offers the Smart Usage rate plan pursuant to the current residential rate filing, which is on file with the Georgia Public Service Commission.
- This rate is not available to customers currently billed on Georgia Power's Flatbill® program.
- Enrollment in Georgia Power’s Smart Usage rate provides one Nest Learning Thermostat per service address. A customer is not required to participate in the Nest offer and may sign up for the Smart Usage rate without a Nest.
- Georgia Power reserves the right to discontinue the Nest promotion at any time without notice.
- Georgia Power is not responsible for the installation or performance of the Nest Thermostat.
- By electing to receive the free Nest Learning Thermostat, you consent to Nest Labs, Inc. sharing with Georgia Power the date you have installed the Nest Learning Thermostat you received from Georgia Power.
- Customers are required to install and register the thermostat at www.nest.com within 30 days of delivery of product at customer address. Failure to install and register within 30 days will result in a $249 charge on the customer’s next bill.
- It is likely that a customer’s meter will be activated for the Smart Usage rate prior to the Nest being delivered to the customer address. GPC anticipates a customer will be on the rate within 7 days and the Nest will be delivered within approximately 2 weeks.
- Georgia Power is not making, will not be providing and specifically disclaims any representations, warranties, covenants or guaranties whatsoever, express or implied, in connection with the Nest Learning Thermostat or other Nest equipment, including, without limitation, those regarding merchantability or fitness. Any warranties offered with respect to the Nest equipment are strictly manufacturer’s warranties, and customers receiving equipment shall not make, nor have the right to make, any claims against Georgia Power relating to any such warranties. Georgia Power shall in no way be liable or responsible for any Nest equipment installed by, or for any act or omission of, any other entity or individual, including, without limitation, any customer, any equipment manufacturer, any electrician, any technician, or any other service provider.
- For further terms, conditions and information, see www.Georgiapower.com/SmartUsage and the additional web pages and documents to which links are provided on this webpage.