©2024 Gulf Power. All rights reserved. Do not reuse text or graphics without written permission. | Privacy Statement
SMART USAGE RATE
IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• By choosing to participate in the residential Smart Usage rate plan, you agree to pay the monthly Smart Usage charges for electric service to the service address associated with the account number used in online enrollment for at least twelve months, beginning with the first bill rendered on the Smart Usage rate.
• Your Smart Usage rate does not include fuel, taxes, and other charges, nor does it include Georgia Power security lights, or other Georgia Power products and services should you have any.
• These Smart Usage terms apply only for electric service to the designated account(s) and address. If you transfer service to another address, you will need to reapply for the Smart Usage rate.
• Georgia Power offers the Smart Usage rate plan pursuant to the current residential rate filing, which is on file with the Georgia Public Service Commission.
• This rate is not available to customers currently billed on Georgia Power's Flatbill® program.
• For further terms, conditions, and information, visit the Smart Usage section of GeorgiaPower.com: https://www.georgiapower.com/residential/billing-and-rate-plans/pricing-and-rate-plans/smart-usage.html
Energy consumption is the total amount of electricity used over a specified period. Demand is the immediate rate of that consumption.
Energy and demand are related like your car’s distance and speed. Measuring how far you have traveled is different than the speed you traveled. For example: Driving 2 hours at 60 miles per hour, you traveled 120 miles (miles = kWh) at 60 miles per hour (speed = kW).
The Smart Usage rate charges a lower rate for energy and adds a new demand component.
And this link to see the Smart Usage rate (TOU-RD): Smart Usage: https://www.georgiapower.com/content/dam/georgia-power/pdfs/residential-pdfs/residential-rate-plans/2.40-tou-rd.pdf